Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

We Are Family

photo credit: MeeMom

MeeMom: This month of September we join with families across the globe in celebrating OUR FAMILY! Okay, not our family specifically, but our families in general.

Bass: I am a twin. Being a twin is very fun and cool. It gets very annoying when everyone says, "You look just like your brother?" or "Does anyone ever call you Treble?" Of course I smile and answer "Yah" to both questions. Other than that, it is cool to have a twin to play with and fight with.

Fermata: The other day when we were at Costco I saw many people start counting with their fingers how many kids we had in our family - - - and we were short THREE, and I could tell that they were still surprised. It happens all the time when we go places.

Mezzo: I am the oldest in the family of nine kids. I sometimes love to be the eldest. Sometimes I get annoyed. Once time my aunt and uncle and my five cousins came to watch all of us so my parents could go out on a date. We decided to walk to a park that wasn't too far away. As people drove past they started to count, thinking my aunt and uncle had 14 kids! I told them that's how people look at us all the time.

B Sharp: I Love my FAMILY. mY dad and MOM Are The BEST.

Allegro: I'm a good girl because i love my family and my mom and dad and my grandparents. Signed, Allegro.

Staccato: All I know is I couldn't get away doing what I do if I were in another family. My ability to tease was one of the talents given me in heaven. MEEMOM! Why are you writing things like that? Now my teachers from school will read it.

Coda: Ahh, all I can say is that being the youngest in this family means I am the c.e.n.t.e.r. of attention. And I love it!

Middle C: My family is the BEST like when we go to awesome places. But sometimes, because I am in the CENTER, I get picked on. Mezzo won't let me into his room and Staccato will just do things to me that make me so angry. But, I always LOVE my family. About what Fermata said, almost every time we go somewhere someone will ask MeeMom or DooDad "Are those all your kids?" MeeMom says one day she's going to make us wear our Scout uniforms for no reason just to pretend we are a Scout troop instead of a bunch of brothers.

Treble: Our family is special. We love to go places together like swimming, to the park, to Costco, and to the grocery store (to see if we can put stuff in the cart that MeeMom won't know about until the checkout). Sometimes my siblings get really annoying and don't stop, but I forgive them. Our family is the best!

MeeMom: While I may be wrong, as I am on many occasions (but shhh, don't tell the kiddos), I have come to believe that somewhere in a Great Meeting in Heaven, we were given the opportunity to choose our family. I know that might be a stretch to even consider, but I believe that if we have full agency here, we probably had full agency up there. Which means I don't think the Lord sent us to our families kickin' and a screamin' (although I've had a few delivered like that). It's been enough to make me think that our relationship before we came to earth was important enough that we decided we would take on earth-life together, as a family!

DooDad: Family, Ah....a six letter word...like....wowzer or insane or sleepy. These are just a few words that describe our family. You know, they really are the cream of the crop. With all the chaos that exists within the walls of this home (and outside as well), I would not trade my wild tribe for anything. I would have to say, MeeMom and I did pretty darn well.

1 comment:

  1. love how nearly everyone talked about people "counting" them :). I can't wait for the time when David and I can come visit Utah so then I can count all of you as well...LOL!

    ReplyDelete