Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm Sick!

photo credit: MeeMom

MeeMom: While on the phone on Sunday evening, Staccato held up this note for me to read because, unlike some multi-tasking women, I am incapable of talking on the phone and effectively communicating with my children using out of control hand gestures at the same time.

Staccato: I felt very sick and I wanted MeeMom to know because DooDad had been sick all day and didn't go to Church because he was feeling that bad.

Treble: And I stayed home from school on Friday because I felt so gross.  Actually, I felt gross on Thursday but went to school because I had a test.  What a great student I am, don't you think?

MeeMom: Ahem.  So once I read the note and took a look at Staccato I noticed that he was ghostly white.

Bass: That got MeeMom off the phone right away.  I'll have to remember to use that tactic next time. :)

MeeMom: So I tucked sick Staccato into my bed with a heating pad and a cozy blankie.

DooDad: Staccato is a little tease.  And I really thought he was pulling my leg when he said he felt like he wanted to throw up.  Until a little while later when Staccato was out of bed, fumbling and mumbling for the "Throw-up Bowl."

Middle C: We have an official "Throw-up Bowl" so we won't use it when we make a salad or something.

DooDad: And lo and behold, my bedroom floor was covered with his dinner.  Poor little guy.  And it just got worse from there.

Staccato: I tried to sleep feeling so sick.  I kept asking MeeMom if it was morning.  It seemed like forever just laying there and feeling so icky.

Fermata: And that was about the time that I found THIS on our dining room wall and well, it helped
Staccato forget his ickies for a few minutes.



MeeMom: Thank goodness Allegro and B Sharp were in bed - asleep! - or we would have had chaos times ten.  Let's hope no one else gets sick (or eaten by a spider)!

No comments:

Post a Comment