Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday Sound Off

photo credit: MeeMom

MeeMom: Since this blog is new and each family member has a say in what we write about, the kiddos want to have a day when they can talk about anything they want.  So it's looking (as of week 1) that Saturdays are the day to SOUND OFF about anything that has happened  in our family during the week.  So to give us all a little memory jogger here are some things that have happened this week: back-to-school father's blessings, wearing school uniforms, Saturdays, Milanesa and gnoochis, swimming, homeworkour "new" daily responsibility chart, and Mezzo's IPod contract. Certainly this is not all inclusive, but it's a start.


Mezzo: My IPod contract is okay. I wish my parents would let me go on the computer to get apps and that kind of thing. My parents hardly ever let me get apps for my IPod. I wish I could get more ITunes Gift Cards but I don't.


MeeMom: Mezzo had the golden opportunity today to write up his own contract regarding the use of his IPod and the family computer.  It's not like we hardly ever let him get apps, it's more like we don't let him get whatever apps he wants whenever he wants to get them.  So, after it was all said and done, I was very impressed with his capacity to try to see his parents' side of things.  And I'll be even more impressed to see his contract in action!  I'll see is he will let me post a copy of his contract in the weeks to come.


Treble: I don't really like Saturdays, because we don't do anything. Even if we do something it's what the younger kids want to do. I always want to do something after cleaning the house but we don't really do anything. I think that Saturdays are one of the weirdest days. But I guess it's good because we get a break from school!


Middle C: I don't really like Saturdays either because we hardly do anything so we just sit around and watch TV.


MeeMom: Treble is right.  Saturdays are our "get the work done day."  It does seem that by the time we get everyone in the cleaning groove it seems like the day is already gone.  And Middle C seems to think that TV is what he should be doing in between the cleaning groove he should be getting in.  Take today, for example, I was ready to pull out all my grey matter (for that matter) due to children being over-indulgent in other people's business and not their own.  It took h-o-u-r-s for us to be somewhat done withour chores because everybody wanted to do something other than what they should have been doing.  Finally, when we were ready to get out and go, we had to have a family council to figure out what we wanted to do.  Because we do have such a large family and DooDad is self-employed, we have to be very creative on finding activities that are free or next to nothing.  Going to library, playing basketball at the Church gym, going for a hike all come to mind, but it doesn't always jive with everyone, so there are compromises to be made. And that's what happened today.  We got out of the house and did what the younger kiddos wanted to do.  At least it saved my grey matter.


Fermata: Every day we have individual daily responsibilities. This Saturday I had to unload the dishes, -and I HATE unloading dishes. I don't mind the other chores, so every time I have unloading I try to switch chores with someone.


MeeMom: Yup, he tried to switch with me, but I had a cushy responsibility today: clear and wipe the dinner table and put away food.  (Oh, if that were the ONLY responsibility I had . . . .)


Staccato: I have a new teacher.  This is her first year teaching.  She is the nicest teacher.  Tomorrow I'm going to Church and having an interview with my Bishop because I'm going to get baptized.  Am I done now?  Because I can't think of anymore things to say.


Allegro:  What we should have had for dinner was peas, carrots, corn, coconuts, chicken and that's all.  Instead we had corn and this stuff with cheese on it - what was it called?  Oh yeah, milanesa and pears and soda drinks. Signed Allegro.


Bass: Our dinner was very good. We had many things: milanesa, chicken, soda drinks and much more. My mom and dad are the best cooks in the world. Hope they cook something big tomorrow.


B Sharp: I played games. I played games with my family.


DooDad: What is left to say? Kids with wiggles and always hungry.  We had a great Argentine dinner that took about two hours to prepare. The funny thing was that during the two hours of dinner prep the kids asked over and over when dinner would be ready. When it was finally done, it took them about 10 minutes to finally drop what they were doing, wash up and get to the table. It's like that every day.

MeeMom:  And well, that about sums up our first Saturday Sound Off.  BTW, believe me when I say the Milanesa and gnocchis were out. of. this. world. Yummo.

No comments:

Post a Comment