Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of School 2011 - Chaos in a Can


MeeMom:  I did it. I mean, we did it. Got seven kids off to the First Day of School - all in uniforms mind you - by 7:35 this morning (SEVEN.THIRTY.FIVE.A.M.) all after family scripture study, showers and a wholesome, USDA approved breakfast of chocolate muffins.  Of course we started at 6:00, which has not been a part of our schedule - let alone our thinking - since we got out of school in early June.


Middle C: Today was my first day at a new school and it is the best school ever!!!  I was so tired when I had to wake up at 6.00 am to start getting ready for school, and it is such a long drive to school.  At school I was so tired! At school I played "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" on the smart board, for those who don't know . Those chocolate muffins that MeeMom mentioned were so good. When I was waiting for the carpool to come (aka our 15-passenger van), it felt weird because at my old school I usually went right out of the door and walked home.


Treble Clef: So, waking up at 6:00 in the morning got my day starting out tired. When I got to school, I went to my locker ( Man, I feel so proud that I have my very own locker. YES!). It was my first day in 7th grade and I had to go to eight classes to meet eight teachers to know what is happening. My first period class was English, and I was told by Big Brother, Mezzo, that the English teacher was REALLY REALLY MEAN! Right when I got to class, two classmates darted in like a bullet (that fast!) and sure enough, the teacher yelled at them like they were her kids! So the rest of the day I read my silly-buses, because the teachers told us to. And that is how my First Day Of School went. Pretty Awkward!


Mezzo: Today I started EIGHTH grade. It was a great time seeing my friends again. The teachers were really nice and they were very helpful. My friends were great and my favorite classes are Geometery and Honors Science.


Staccato: Well, my 2nd grade teacher was nice and I got Elephant Bucks. And, hey Middle C, I just saw a horse fly fly by.


Allegro: I tapped my teacher before school let out and told her that I didn't know the name of my carpool.  I was really nervous about it but then they called just our last name and I wasn't nervous anymore.


B Sharp: It was so much fun staying home ALL day without my brothers and sister to bug me.  I worked on my math skills and colored while MeeMom tried to figure out this blog and sew pants into shorts for the boys. I'm so excited go to kindergarten in SEVEN more days!


Bass Clef: The first day was okay I guess. I can tell 7th grade is going to be a very long year! Hope school goes by very, very fast but filled with fun stuff.


Fermata: The first day was fun, but very slow. My teacher is very nice and awesome. We were lucky to be able to get lockers in sixth grade because last year, hee hee, Bass and Treble didn't get lockers AT ALL, hee hee.




MeeMom: So tonight we gathered around the table to figure out what our family carpool name should be for this year.  Who wants to go by just their last name?  Especially if their last name is common like Jones or Smith or Marinoniolla?  Last year our 15-passenger van went by the name "Hey guys, we're going home."  So we tossed around some names like "1 Sister and 7 Misters" and "Uncle Rico's here to get you."  Like usual, it caused a hot debate.


DooDad: And because of the hot debate that was brewing, I finally had to put in my two cents worth because three boys were trying to climb over my chair and two others were having a very loud discussion about naming or not naming this year's carpool "Snow White and the Seven Dorks," all while I was feeding  Baby Coda and the dog was barking out of control because he hadn't been walked since this morning.  So I threw out the name "Chaos in a Can" and there was a heavenly moment of silence before everyone broke out in hysterics.  The dog even stopped barking.  I think that's going to be our family carpool name this year.  Watch out!  Because it is true! We are Chaos in a Can.

2 comments:

  1. Just hoping to post a comment to such a CRAZY family! Hope day two of school is less chaotic than day one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with day two and three. I'm excited to follow your adventures in everyone's own words.

    ReplyDelete