Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bingo





photo credit: Treble Clef
MeeMom: So, we have this game we play as a family while we drive. Whoever spies a Volkswagon bug or a yellow car, they shout BINGO and then the person next to them gets slammed with the fist. When Mezzo sits next to me my arm is about ready to fall off because he doesn't quite figure out that I AM NOT A PUNCHING BAG. And I'm the driver!! So I decided to put my foot down yesterday (with the Bingo game, not the gas pedal) and let the kiddies know that while they are more than welcome to shout "Bingo" as many times as they want, there is no. more. punching. BTW, I can't believe how many yellow cars there are out there on the interstate. Honestly, who would choose to drive a yellow car that's not a school bus or a taxi?

Bass Clef: The game B.I.N.G.O is very, very fun to play. Hitting my brothers and sister is just so fun to do. But when I hit them, I know it is fun for them while they are getting hit. For the past couple of days I have found so many yellow cars. Buses are the easiest to find while driving home from school. It is fun to hit my brothers very, very hard so there arm hurts like it's jello.

Staccato: Yeah, I like Bingo. It's fun. Hey, can I play bingo before I go to bed?

MeeMom: Umm, Staccato, it's not that Bingo. It's the one we play as a family when we drive in the van and see a yellow car.

Staccato: Oh yeah. That one. Can I have a cookie before I go to sleep?

Middle C: I love B.I.N.G.O! Sometimes we all think gold or orange cars are yellow, so we purposefully hit our neighbor (seating partner, that is) ten times! Around school time, school buses are very simple to find. MeeMom said that you just yell Bingo on Volkswagon bugs. What she should have said was that it can be any yellow cars. And, if we see an old, yellow convertible Volkswagon with its hood down, we get to hit 5 times. And Bass Clef, when you punch me it doesn't make my arm feel like Jell-o!!

Mezzo: My friends, not my brothers, punch me so hard that I get bruised really bad because they have been playing Bingo their whole life. Sorry Bass Clef.  When we were coming home from Scout Camp, exhausted from getting four merit badges including the painful Shotgun Merit Badge, we played Bingo and it was 2 to 1. By the time I got home, my left arm was one giant bruise. It is a really fun game. SOME FRIENDS!

Treble Clef: Bingo! This is such a great game to play. We drive 10 miles to and from school so it's a perfect time to get out my energy by hitting my brothers. I think Fermata does not enjoy playing the game. Whenever you hit him he hits you back because he hates the game! Poor, poor Fermata does not love to have an enjoyable time with his brothers and sister in the car. Whenever I get in the van I sure do enjoy the fact that we are hitting each other. Whoa Middle C, your arm probably does feel like jello, your just to tough to admit it.

Fermata: I don't agree with Treble Clef. Okay, so it's true that I used to hate playing Bingo because my older brothers would punch me like I was their pillow and I would get these HUGE bruises. But I have had a change of heart and now I like it because when they punch me I punch them harder. Also I find lots of yellow Beetle bugs, and other yellow cars. Treble Clef always asks me "Does that goldish yellow car count?" Then I say "no" because it is not fully yellow.

Allegro: I like playing Bingo. I sit in the very back, so most of the time my brothers forget I am there because they are too busy punching each other.  Does every family who drives in cars play this same game?

B Sharp: My favorite part about Bingo is getting to hit someone.

DooDad: I am pretty much King of Bingo, but without the punching. Really. Ask MeeMom. I give her sweet, little love taps when we ride along and I find the yellow cars. One time I had 8 Bingos to her zero. Woop, woop, I am King of Bingo.

MeeMom: Ahem, now you know why I had to put my foot down!

1 comment:

  1. This comment was emailed to us . . . so we wanted to include it . .

    "So I love your family blog. I can hear the kids each time they write. What a great way to encourage your kids to write. Keep it up! It's so fun to read. And by the way I had to put my foot down about that game a few months ago after my mom watched my kids. She even complained about it to me. They still try to play but there is NO hitting. They have now tried to add port-a-johns as a reason to hit. Not the nicest conversation I had with them in the car needless to say. . .

    "Well, I hope the first few days of school have be good. The hardest part for us is the lack of sleep. We can't get to bed early enough."

    ReplyDelete