Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Got Milk?

photo credit: MeeMom


MeeMom: With eleven bodies in our home, most of which are children who think they need to eat and drink because they will starve to death, we go through A LOT of milk. If we weren't such city folks we would seriously consider buying a milking cow. But since we would never seriously consider milking a cow, we settle for the double pack of milk (times five) everytime we pass through Costco. (And who can just "pass through" Costco?)

Coda: Well, I'm not the cow milk drinker so no one can look at me. I'll stick to my Kirkland brand formula, thank you very much! Isn't that why you go to Costco anyway, or is it really for the food samples???

Treble: Well MeeMom, I hate to burst your little bubble, but milk is sick! I don't like it! Sure, drinking milk is great with cookies and cereal and that stuff, but drinking a plain glass of milk is gross. It's Mezzo who loves milk. He drinks it for every single meal. I think milk is just a gross, gross liquid. YUCK!

Middle C: I agree with Treble, I don't like milk but it is good with cookies and cereal and when I put a lot of chocolate or strawberry syrup in it. Ooooooh, now that is when milk is good!

MeeMom: So now I know where all the Hershey syrup disappeared . . .

B Sharp: I have to have a milk whenever I take a drink. But, if there is juice or soda, I will choose soda. I leave my cup of milk in the fridge so it will stay cold because I don't like drinking warm milk.

Bass: Just for the record, I do. not. drink. milk. But I do with waffles or pancakes. Milk is my last preference of drinks. Water, on the other hand, is my favorite thing to drink, and I drink about 5 cups a day.

MeeMom: Umm, so where is all the milk going?

Allegro: Milk is good. I like milk. I especially like giving myself a milk mustache.

Fermata: I'm with Bass and Treble on this one. Milk is definitely not on my beverage list.

Mezzo: I LOVE MILK! Milk is the best drink that has ever come into our house. I love milk so much that it doesn't matter to me what temperature the milk is. I pretty much drink milk when ever I get a chance. And boy, do I take all my chances!  Folks, milk is the best!

MeeMom: Ohh-kay, I just figured out that we've been buying 10 gallons of milk a week for one teenage boy who, honestly, can drink a gallon or more a day!

Allegro: I want to say something else: I love milk. It is so good because I love it. Signed me, Allegro

Staccato: Milk is my comfort food (I didn't write that. MeeMom did and I had to ask her what comfort food means). I like milk so much that when I was six MeeMom made me a quilt with cows on it so I could dream of milk when I went to bed.

DooDad: Let's just say that milk is, well, rather moo-ving. :)

MeeMom: Whoa, this topic opened my eyes to some ways we could budget our food money and use more of that powdered milk that's in Food Storage. Tofu, anyone?!?!

1 comment:

  1. We go through TONS of milk a week too but we will not buy a milk cow. . .and we live on a farm! Too much work. :)

    ReplyDelete